All

All

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The big reveal!


A few months ago we decided to move again! We had been looking to buy a new house near my parents and hadn't found anything that really fit our needs. We had been renting for over a year and honestly our rent was more than our house payments so it was time to GO GO GO!

Anyway, Christian and I were out one weekend looking for neighborhoods and possible houses we were interested in. We saw this open house sign and the realtor's name was Claudia so we decided "wouldn't be funny if that was it." Well anyway, we followed the signs and there she was. Our diamond in the rough! the real rough!

The house was perfect (after some needed repairs that is). It was in the right neighborhood, at the end of a cul-da-sac, large yard, separated pool area, with a view of city lights (this was a hard one to find for Christian), and cheap (it needed LOTS and LOTS of love!).

Well the open house wasn't going on, but we took a "look around." I saw some serious potential! It was what we were looking for. I knew we could could transform this house. Christian seemed excited too (although fear was also setting in).

My dad was out of town so I didn't get the stamp of approval until her returned the following weekend. He went in and said..."Done, Done." In his world that means, "I'm in."

We closed escrows (with many bumps and bruises), and started the remodel. Remolding, moving, pregnant, etc was not fun, but we are in!

There is still a lot to do, but at least we are in, we have a kitchen, and Christian's beloved grass has started to grow!

I wanted to take a moment to thank my Daddy for all his hard work! He did an amazing job and we wouldn't have been able to buy our dream home...or at least live in it. Thank you daddy for everything you did. I know it wasn't easy, but you are amazing!

Also, thank Jim and Carole for all you did to help too!

I'm sure it goes without saying, but I wanted to make sure you all knew how much all of your participation allowed our family to build this new home together.


Here are some before and afters:


Front of House Before

Front of House After

Front Entry way (broken water line)

Front Entry After
Kitchen before

Kitchen After
Living Room/Fireplace Before


Living Room/Fireplace After


Belli's Room Before

Belli's Room After

No comments: