All

All

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

38 week update

We went to see Dr. A today.

Pretty standard appointment. Weight checked: gained 1 pound (although it feels like I gain 11). Blood Pressure: Good; Fundal Height (not checked) Baby's weight: 7 lbs 14oz.

He did do a cervical check. Based on his measurements still looks about 50-60% effaced and 1 cm dilated. So no real movement. Shocker.

Dr A is so in sink with me that I didn't even have to ask him to strip my membranes. He did it anyway! Ya! It HURT though. I don't remember it hurting so badly with Isabella but then again this is a male doctor and I had a female doctor before. Maybe he is just stronger. I took it like a champ. I didn't want to say a word, afraid that he would stop. I figured this wasn't going to be as bad as Castor oil!

Anyway, we also got another u/s done. Baby S is HUGE! or at least looks huge. It is so crazy to see pictures of this baby. He gave us a few print outs and I have to upload them one day. A few of the pictures look like baby S is going to have a full head of Elvis hair! almost looks like a wig!

Until next week.....oh and he said he would do an elective induction if I want at 39 weeks. So next appointment....

No comments: