All

All

Monday, July 19, 2010

He is here!!











So last Thursday, July 15th, 2010 our SON was born!!!

I have been having contractions and lots of discomfort (the 95 degree weather didn't help) for the last few weeks. Since I have always been measuring larger than normal, I was offered the option to be induced. Plus, I was already showing signs of labor (90% effaced and a few centimeters dilated). Anyway, after a lot of thought, we decided to go for it. It was really nerve racking knowing that I was GOING to have a baby that next morning.

Anyway, I went home and got ready for the babys arrival. On Thursday, Christian dropped me off at the hospital with my mom (he had a juvy pre trial, so came later) and we got all the paperwork ready. We arrived at 9am.

I was nervous but was also really excited. We filled out the proper documentation and got admitted. Once I got all comfy, Dr. A came in around 10am and did a cervical check. Nothing much changed, so in order to get things going he broke my water. It was NUTS! with Isabella, the doctor also broke my water but this was not the same experience. Seriously, it was a LOT of water. My contractions started happening on their own and started getting stronger. We decided to wait until Christian got out of court..."just in case" to start the pitocin. Around 11 am they did another cervical check and I was at 4cm. Christian walked in the door and we started the pitocin.

OMG! well, they only gave me 2cc's in a drip to be absorbed in 1 hour. Well, I didn't need it or at least, I will never get it again! The pitocin sent my body into active and insane labor! I started getting contractions that were about 35 seconds apart lasting about 1 minute each. It was unbearable. I opted for an epidural about 1 hour after the pitocin started. Of course, I had to wait because the doctor was in a c section and couldn't administer the epidural. Anyway, finally he came in and started "trying" to place the catheter in my spin. I got an epidural with Isabella and I remember getting instant relief. Well, NOT this time!! He tried to find the "right spot" like 3 times and then finally found it. Unfortunately, my body was moving so fast that the epidural wasn't working. I was checked again (only 1.5 hours after the pitocin drip started) and I was dilated to 7-8. It was so insane that I really wanted to just quit and go home (like going home would have made a difference, lol). The doctor came back in and said I am going to administer a different type of epidural through this IV because there won't be time to re-do the epidural.

Long story short, it took almost 2 hours for the epidural to take effect. Jesus.
About 20 minutes later, I was checked again, at a 1o and ready to go. Doctor came in and within minutes....Baby Jonah was here! all 9lbs of him!!

No comments: