All

All

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update...some progress...

Today Christian and I went to see the new doctor. He was a nice man (I guess) but I left a little disappointed. I have been having regular contractions all day today that started at about 8 minutes apart since 11 am and are now about 6 minutes apart at 5ish. They are pretty regular and last about 40 seconds each. Nothing that knocks me off my feet but some that take my breath away. Anyway, we went in today and he said I am STILL at 2 cc but I am now 60-70% effaced. So that is good I guess. Some progress is better than no progress! I asked him to re-strip my membranes, here is where the disappointment hits!, he said "no." Like WTF!~ My body is so tired and I just can't imagine going through this much longer. Like how is it his decision. I know I know, he is the doctor but I am the one that is carrying around a bowling ball! and in 100 degree weather may I add. And of course my sweet husband didn't know any better than to take the doctors side. Big OOPS! on Christian's part. :)
Anyway, I guess I had my hopes up that he would do it since Dr. R said it would be no big deal. Dr B (new doctor) said he would rather things go slow because it is easier on my body and the baby. I know he knows more than I do and he is probably right, but hearing NO when you are 2 days from 10 months pregnant, well it just didnt go over well. I pouted the whole way out of the doctors office right to Dairy Queen for a Brownie Earthquake Sundae. I have successfully made it through my entire pregnancy without Dairy Queen and this stupid doctor after 5 minutes had me A lining to the first calorie overload~ I have finished my sundae and am feeling a little more balanced now. lol I think it is time for a nap, walk, and then hopefully a car ride to the hospital. No worries people, I am just thinking positive! I'm not in labor :(

I guess the moral of my story is don't say NO to a REALLY pregnant girl~! okay, that really isn't it, I guess "Doctors know best" He did say that in his opinion there was NO way I would make it to see Dr. R again without our angel. So for now, the wait continues. By the way the next doctors appointment is not for another 6 days!

Time to go listen to some positive thoughts....I can do this, she will come when she is ready, I can wait this out!....aggggg

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Way to go Claudia! I just stopped in to see how things are going for you and what a surprise. You're leaving comments at 8 minutes apart.
You can do it...and I love your great attitude. I went 2 days 8 minutes apart for a total of 72 hrs. I know how you're feelin'. Try a hot shower with a good low back rub. It's relaxing and you'll feel better knowing you've had a shower before the hospital ride. Enjoy the process, I'm rooting for you!- Dawn

Sarah Schurz said...

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!! I've been thinking about you and sending you positive, pain-free thoughts!
Love, Sarah