All

All

Saturday, May 31, 2008

35 week doctor appointment

Yesterday I started my weekly appointments with my OB/GYN. It really does feel official now...she will be here soon! They took a Strep B test and I should have the results at my next appointment. Apparently it is common to test positive for Strep B but of course everyone would rather they didn't. Basically, if you test positive, you must be more cautious if your water breaks and must be administered antibiotics once your labor beginnings.

I have also gained another 4 pounds this month (it just doesn't get easier to see that scale move!), so now I am at a total of 20 lbs! I guess it could be worse considering I eat multiple choc chip cookies daily...I just can't help myself! I am still walking about 20 miles a week and will try to continue doing so, I have slowed down a lot though! what used to take me 1 hour is now taking 1.15min. My dogs have really loved mommy walking so much. They have both lost weight! lol

While she was getting the culture for the Strep B, my doctor also checked my cervix. I am happy to say that there is no cervical change. She said your "cervix is shut and long." I have been saying that I want to give birth at 37 weeks, but I think I'm gonna miss her rolling around in there...and my daily choc chip cookies! so if she wants to chill then (I'm reserving the right to take this back) she can hang out as long as she wants.

Christian and I have started our classes at Saddleback and have also started our birthing classes. We have completed baby CPR and safety (it was a little boring to be honest). Only 2 more classes to go...breastfeeding and baby care (basically all the stuff a normal women would know lol) mind you, I STILL have never changed a diaper! Anyway, the baby CPR class was a little repetitive but I know, god forbid, if we needed to use the CPR, the hands on training we received is all worth it! Our birthing classes have also gone well. We have a birthing coach that comes to the house on Friday's and we go through some information and practice our scripts. We have decided to use Hypnobirthing as our labor method and thus far I would highly recommend it. I know there are a lot of disbelievers...I can't tell you how many people tell me once I feel my first contraction I will head for the Epidural, but this method really does offer me more than all the others I have researched. I think it is also giving Christian a lot of strength he didn't know he had or even needed to help me get through this the way I want. He is a lot better at the hypnosis than I am. I come out of hypnosis within seconds of the suggestion...Christian, well lets just say I think he falls asleep??? lol Well enough about my birthing classes, I know most of you think I'm nuts! :) Still love ya...

Ill update some belly shots later today...I am official LARGE!

1 comment:

my.party.of.five said...

I can't believe you ONLY have 30 days left before your little bambina will be here!!!! HOLY COW! you look great and I can't wait to meet her!!!