All

All

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How accurate is a "Due Date?"

Even if you know your exact date of conception, and the exact gestational age of your baby, and know the “average” length of pregnancy, it is still difficult to predict exactly when your baby will be born. DUH!

Here are some stats for you:

Only 4% of babies are actually born on their “due dates”.
6-10% of babies are born early – prior to 37 weeks
4-14% of pregnancies last more then 42 weeks. (Please god, don't let this be me!)
So, with that being said most babies approx 80% are born between 37-41 weeks.

That was supposed to make me feel better, but shockingly doesn't! lol

I must admit though, today feels like a better day! The weather is nice...at least I'm not already wanting to take a ice bath! I am ready to take on the day...but I really don't have much to do. :)

Either way, the count down is on! I can't believe I am in the single digits until Turtle is supposed to arrive! 9 days! WHAT!
The last time I was counting down to something was for my wedding, and at 9 days I think I started to run like I was training for a marathon...just to get those last few pounds off. Oh how things change!

No comments: